The ISKCON 50/50 Campaign is an initiative to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of ISKCON throughout 2016.
Everyone is invited to join us and distribute 50 BBT books in 2016. That’s an average of just one a week.
Here’s how to get involved:
1. Locate an ISKCON Temple or Centre near you. Go to: http://centers.iskcondesiretree.com/ for the international address list.
2. Contact the Temple and ask to take part. Ask for a score sheet.
3. Discuss options for distribution. There are many: Meeting people in the street. Book tables. Visiting shops and businesses. Sponsoring books for giving to friends, relatives and work colleagues, and for distribution to prisons, hospitals and hotels.
4. When you have distributed 50 books and filled up the score sheet, return it to the Temple. If you would like to do more, ask for another sheet and more books.
5. The Temple will give you a certificate of appreciation signed by the Chairman of the Governing Body of ISKCON and your local Temple President.
Book distribution is a very powerful way of giving the Holy Name to others. This is also known as sankirtan. Lord Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu has described sankirtan in His famous siksastikam prayers:
“Glory to the Sri Krishna sankirtan, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This sankirtan movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious”.
ISKCON’s Governing Body (GBC) invites everyone to take part:
“For the pleasure of Srila Prabhupada the GBC is most delighted to fully endorse the 50/50 Campaign. The GBC would like to invite all devotees to participate in this wonderful initiative in celebration of ISKCON’s 50th year”
International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON)
Temple Address and Contact List >>>